Maligne Canyon Weddings

Welcome to Maligne Canyon, thank you for your interest in hosting your wedding reception at Maligne Canyon.  The Maligne Canyon Restaurant in Jasper National park is located overlooking the stunning Maligne River


The Maligne Canyon Restaurant has been the preferred setting for weddings for generations.

The location is simply stunning. The Maligne River thunders through the Maligne Canyon just outside the doors of the Restaurant.

Whether it be, a small intimate gathering or a grand celebration, our location is designed to cater to large and small groups.  Our patio is especially valued during the summer months as it’s location is Riverside.  We look forward to hosting your perfect wedding at Maligne Canyon!




Venue (may need help here chris….)


Nestled in the heart of the Jasper National Park Rocky Mountains, we have a stunning location with a spacious private layout.  Our dining room comfortably seats up to 150 guests.  Enjoy an elegant evening with your guests along our double-sided Natural Stone fireplace.  We can offer a dance floor along with full bar service and table service.

Our Patio is of course weather dependent, however we can seat up to 100 guests with the beautiful Riverside Backdrop.




Jasper Registries & Licensing Requirements

To set up an appointment please contact:Marriage License Issuer303 Pyramid Lake RoadJasper, AlbertaT0E 1E0Telephone: (780) 852- 5994Fax: (780)

Tuesday - Friday9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

All couples (including visitors) who get married in Alberta must purchase a Marriage License. The Marriage License can only be used in Alberta and is valid for ninety days from the date of purchase.

Both applicants must appear before a Marriage License Issuer and provide proper identification. Acceptable types of ID in order of preference are:

{C}    Birth certificate    

{C}    Citizenship/immigration documents    

{C}    Valid passport    

{C}    Treaty Indian status card    

{C}    Baptism certificate    

{C}    Driver's License

The Bride and Groom must both be 18 or older. If the Bride or Groom are under 18, parental consent is required. Appropriate paperwork can be forwarded upon request. If either the Bride or Groom has been previously married, proof of divorce or annulment must be given.

You will be asked to provide the following information:

{C}    Full names of mother and father    

{C}    Birth places (town and province) of mother and father    

{C}    Religious denomination

It is also recommended that couples apply for a Marriage Certificate at the same time that they get their Marriage License. As the documents that are signed at the wedding are ceremonial only, most couples will find they require a marriage certificate at some point especially if they are from out of province or from another country. This marriage certificate is your only legal proof that the marriage has taken place and has been registered with Alberta Vital Statistics. This certificate will be forwarded to you in the mail once the marriage has been registered, generally within 4 - 6 weeks.